Skip to main content

Major Marketplace -District215

Shawn Minor (Shawn Major) was born January 11 1975 and raised in North Philadelphia. I was introduced to Hip Hop music in the mid 1980's. In 1989 is when I first saw the artist by the name of Big Daddy Kane and, at that moment, I starting writing and rapping my own music. Working for the hotel industry for years, I was always drawn to music, writing and learning how to produce and make beats, performing in various venues in Philadelphia and outside of the state of Pennsylvania from 1990 to the present. Venues such as Grape St. Lounge, The Love Park, Voltage Lounge, Electric Factory, North By Northwest, and local bars throughout the city. I've also perormed in New York (Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan) Delaware (Claymont, Wilmington, Bear, and Dover) Connecticut, and as far as Virginia (Roanoke, Alexandra, Richmond and Hampton) I have  6 albums released to date: 1. Apocalypse (2002) 2. Please, No Autographs (2005) 3. And Now, Ladies And Gentleman (2007) 4. Capricorn (2008) 5. Mr. Major Vol 1 (2011) 6. Distinguished Gentleman (2015) 7. Mr. Major Vol 2 (2017) And currently working on a new project. I've been featured with Bronco 215 (TeamApe) Seven Shots (Faction Global) Sam Storm, Major Lead (BangaMusic), NTG & Yung Draw, Ceddi, Brittany Martin, Stylist, Sess, Nikey Dalahootchie, Monk Da Monsta, Ace Spits, Sam Malone, Kween, Mondie Tha Artist, Sarah Kane, and Smoking' Aces, My team "Me Musik", DJ O'Star, DJ Larry Legend, Critical Mass Entertainment has helped me get my foot in the door, and also was in a short stint with Federal District Records Backed by PYN Records. The hip Hop style that I represent is from the "boom bap" era mixed a smooth approach, with touch of R&B, Reggae, and Pop musical influence. Based on what I know and have learned being an artist, I'd love to influence and help develop up and coming artists, produce and be behind the scene and possibly be apart of and artists growth. As the current state of music today, I feel it's time for something fresh, original, more versatility, more diversty, and artists who looking to make a statement in the music industry being as though the lane is wide open for artist such as myself to benefit. In my free time I spend with my kids, read, and study new ways to write and record, play basketball, and cook. The quote that I live by is: WHAT DEFINES A MAN IS NOT HOW HE FALLS, BUT HOW HE RISE FROM HIS ASHES. Currently working on my 8th project "MMXVII" which is expected to be released Summer 2018. To contact Shawn Major, you can reach me... Email: mrmajor11.federal@gmail.com Facebook: Shawn Major Facebook Artist Page: Shawn Major Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud: Mrmajor11 Sound Cloud www.soundcloud.com/mrmajor11

Popular posts from this blog

Ask A Mogul

Buy the book

Order Here-> Gene Deal Book has arrived